What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on the computer of a website user to provide the website operator with information about use of our site. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognise, measure and track users of our site in anonymous form. The information collected includes the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to our site from and the pages that they have visited. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our site are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of our site. The site then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our site to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
Your cookie preferences
To make full use of our site, your computer or mobile device will need to accept some essential cookies, as our site will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalized features on our site.
Third party cookies
We may also work with third-party service providers who may set cookies on our site. These third-party service providers help us track and analyse your use of our site and to optimise our site and improve your experience. For these purposes, analytics cookies collect information about your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, other system settings, IP address, referring URLs, information on actions taken on the site and the dates and times of your visits, as well as the country and time zone in which your device is located. These cookies are provided by third-party analytics providers, including Google Analytics and the information obtained through these cookies will be disclosed to or collected directly by these third-party service providers.
For more information about these third-party providers’ cookies, please visit analytics.google.com.
Amending cookie preferences
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you in accordance with this Cookies Policy:
- information that you provide to us via our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and may record telephone calls for regulatory compliance and record keeping purposes; and
- details of your visits to our site and the materials and information that you access.
Use of your information
We may use data held about you in the following ways:
- to support your interaction with us, including to ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, to provide you with information or products you may have requested through our site, to notify you about changes to our site and to ensure the ongoing accuracy and relevance of such data;
- to carry out any security or other verification activities to ensure the proper operation of our site or to ensure compliance with our regulatory obligations;
- for general internal research purposes, including to identify and analyse the regularity of the use of our site and the nature of our site’s users; and
- to design products and services for your use.
We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates, agents and contractors (including to parties located outside the European Economic Area) for the purposes stated above. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties (including to parties located outside the European Economic Area):
- in the event that we sell or buy, or one or more of our affiliates sells or buys, any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or our assets, or one or more of our affiliates or our affiliates assets’ are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we, or one or more of our affiliates are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation; or
For more information on how we collect, use and share your personal information, please refer to RCM's Privacy Notice.